Peace. The peace of God is a promise and an inheritance to His children. In this chaotic world that we live in, it’s easy to let the cares of life overtake us and lose our peace. But the Bible tells us that if we keep our mind on Christ, He will give us perfect peace (Isaiah 26:3). This means He’ll give us a peace that lacks nothing, a peace that is able to take us through and keep us in ANY situation. When we take our eyes off of Jesus, we will have no peace, but when we fix our eyes on Him, we will have peace like a river.
There is POWER in God’s word to give us what we need in every situation. There is no situation so great that you can’t rest in the peace of God. The thing about peace is that you must choose it. You must choose to receive GOD’S PEACE. You must choose to believe that God is with you, that He sees you, that He cares, and that every situation is in His hands. His peace is available to you and He cares for you.
I have gone through many situations where it felt like peace was very far away. I’ve gone through seasons where there was literally one storm after the next, after the next. But when I chose to get on my face before God, dig into His word and find peace in His presence, He gave it to me! I was able to have peace and walk in peace in the craziest situations. I learned that God wanted to teach me through experience that He truly was the Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6). Had I not gone through those crazy situations and experienced God’s supernatural peace that truly passes all understanding, I could not tell you today that He can give you peace in your worst storm. Even when you feel like you are going to lose your mind, I can testify that God can and He will give you peace. His peace is PERFECT FOR YOU in every situation.
Even as we are going into the 4th quarter of this year and going into 2020, choose God’s peace. Choose to end this year and begin the new year IN THE PEACE OF GOD. Don’t let anything or anyone steal your peace. Below are 15 BIBLE VERSES ABOUT PEACE, I encourage you to meditate on them, believe them, and use them to war with when situations, thoughts, or people come to test your peace.
The peace of God is your portion in Jesus name! And may His peace be with you!
[P.s. – I recently wrote a blog post on “Peace in God’s Presence” and posted a video on YouTube called “A Call Into God’s Presence” both surrounding the topic of finding peace in God and being in His presence. If this is an area that you know you need to grow in, I encourage you to go read and watch those posts as well. We will need His peace and His presence as times grow darker. I also encourage you to lookup more Bible verses on this topic and do your own study so the Holy Spirit can minister to you.]
- You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. – Isaiah 26:3 (NKJV)
- These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. – John 16:33 (NKJV)
- You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. – 1 John 4:4 (NKJV)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. – Matthew 5:9 (NKJV)
- Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. – John 14:27 (NKJV)
Peace I leave with you; My [perfect] peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be afraid. [Let My perfect peace calm you in every circumstance and give you courage and strength for every challenge.] – John 14:27 (AMP)
- And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness. – James 3:18 (NLT)
- And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. – Colossians 3:15 (NLT)
- Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. – 1 Peter 5:7 (NLT)
- If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. – Romans 12:18 (NKJV)
- The Lord will give strength to His people; The Lord will bless His people with peace. – Psalm 29:11 (NKJV)
- Those who love your instructions have great peace and do not stumble. – Psalm 119:165 (NLT)
- Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassion on you. – Isaiah 54:10 (NIV)
- Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am [a]gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” – Matthew 11:28-30
- I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety. – Psalm 4:8 (NKJV)
- Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4:6-7 (NKJV)