With so much going on in the world right now, many people are dealing with the spirit of fear and anxiety. I want to share a short word of encouragement and some Bible verses to help us all fight against the spirit of fear. You may be fearful about how this pandemic is affecting your life and uncertain about what tomorrow brings, or you may be dealing with fear concerning other parts of your life. I want to remind you that you were not created to be overcome by fear. God’s perfect love casts out ALL fear (1 John 4:18) and He has given you power to tell the spirit of fear to leave! (As you read this and meditate on these Bible verses, think of the areas where you are dealing with fear and allow God’s perfect love to cast it out!)
Some of the ways that fear manifests itself is by paralyzing you, causing you to see and believe things that aren’t there, preventing you from making a decision or causing you to make the wrong decision, and throwing off your thinking pattern. It’s hard to see God when your mind and eyes are clouded by fear. Fear almost caused Moses to reject the call of God on his life. Fear caused the children of Israel to yearn for their familiar life of slavery and wander in the wilderness for 40 years. Fear is not something that should be taken lightly, it should be attacked and dealt with aggressively because it can hinder us in so many ways.
What always helps me when I’m dealing with fear is remembering God’s love for me. 1 John 4:18 says, “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.” God’s love CASTS OUT fear! It doesn’t play around with it, it doesn’t try to manage it or keep it under control, it CASTS IT OUT! When we don’t deal with fear head-on, it can lead to torment. So, for the spirit of fear, God has given us HIS PERFECT LOVE. When we truly believe in and receive God’s perfect love for us, fear has no room to play. What should we be afraid of when we are in God’s love? In His love is His presence, His peace, His safety, His provision, His comfort, our future and hope, His plans for us, and His direction. When we choose to focus on God’s love and the POWER of His love, fear has no choice but to leave!
Whatever you are fearful about, cast it at the feet of Jesus. Tell God how you feel and be open and honest with Him. Lay every care and burden at His feet. He has not called you to carry that fear (worry or anxiety). He has not called you to be tormented by thoughts of fear. His yoke is easy, and His burden is light. Instead of carrying it, let Him carry it. Let Him deal with whatever concerns you. Focus on and delight in His love, bask in His love for you. He cares for you with an everlasting love. Where fear lives, God’s love is absent.
Meditate on His love and meditate on His word concerning fear. Below are 13 Bible verses that you can war with to help you overcome the spirit of fear. Fear is not your portion. You are not a slave to fear or torment, you have been captured by the love of God. You are safe in His love, believe it.
- For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. – 2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV)
- Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. – John 14:27 (NKJV)
- Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, even the Most High, your dwelling place, no evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone. – Psalm 91:9-12 (NKJV)
- You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. – Isaiah 26:3 (NKJV)
- For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” – Romans 8:15 (NKJV)
- Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4:6-7 (NKJV)
- The Lord is my light and my salvation—so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble? – Psalm 27:1 (NLT)
- Do not fear [anything], for I am with you; Do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, be assured I will help you; I will certainly take hold of you with My righteous right hand [a hand of justice, of power, of victory, of salvation]. – Isaiah 41:10 (AMP)
- There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. – 1 John 4:18 (AMP)
- But Zion said, “The Lord has forsaken me, and my Lord has forgotten me.” “Can a woman forget her nursing child, and not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, yet I will not forget you. See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; Your walls are continually before Me. – Isaiah 49:14-16 (NKJV)
- Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? – Matthew 6:25-26 (NKJV)
- But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you. O Israel, the one who formed you says, “Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. – Isaiah 43:1-2 (NLT)
- God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, even though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though its waters roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah – Psalm 46:1-3 (NKJV)
- I did my very first live Zoom Meeting a few weeks (May 30th). I truly enjoyed it and I believe God had His way. I want to thank everyone that came on and those who wanted to but could not. I’ve been asked when/if there will be another Zoom Meeting. I do plan on doing it again and I will share the details as soon as I know when and the topic.
- The Heart of Worship apparel collection has launched (yayy!!). Right now, I have a few t-shirts and jewelry (necklaces and bracelets) available for you to purchase. You can find it here.